Labour Market Information is vital in providing young people and their parents with information about career routes and salaries.
The Education Development Trust publishes a monthly Labour Market Information (LMI) Bulletin. You can read the latest version below:
Previous editions are available below:
It helps young students explore key aspects about a particular area, including:
- The sectors, industries and businesses that operate there
- The jobs that exist
- The number and type of job vacancies
- The sectors and industries that are predicted to grow in the coming years.
- Travel to work patterns
- The kinds of skills that are/will be needed by industries and businesses.
- Pay and progression patterns
Labour Market Information For All
The LMI for All portal provides high quality, reliable labour market information (LMI) to inform careers decisions for young people.
Here you can find out where to access information on the labour market and link through to some websites using LMI for All data. You can also explore data using our widgets, Careerometer and Skillsometer.
When thinking about future careers, you will want to understand:
- The competition they will face – ‘How easy is it to get into?’
- Entry and progression routes – ‘How do I get into it?’
- The rewards available – ‘What’s the pay like?
- The availability of jobs in their ‘travel to work area’ – ‘Can I travel to this work easily?’
- Recruitment and selection and the prospects of securing employment in a particular job – ‘Could I get into this type of work?’
- The value of particular qualifications, experience or training – ‘Do employers accept this qualification?’